Monday, November 6, 2017

Obligatory, 11.6.17

It is clearly in the optimization phase of the climate-control project.  By optimization, it means plugging the air leaks as much as possible.  There may still be air leaks after all this.  It doesn't seem to be a way to avoid them all.

Funny thing about this: I am finding a lot of materials around the place so that I won't have to continue buying stuff.   This project has cost about fifty bucks so far.  Not too bad.

It cooled down fast on this latest test.  It was about 84 degrees, and it dropped to 73 in about 30 minutes.  It used to take a lot longer with the central air.  The main thing is that it shouldn't be using very much energy.

But I haven't tried the ice water test.  Nor the heater test.  These are the same things really.  Instead of an a/c or heater, I will use recirculated water through a heater core.  Last summer, the thing worked well.  It should be even better now.

It will get colder in a couple days.  Lets see how it works with the heater.

It is now 71 and dropping.  I have the a/c on full blast.

If I don't freeze to death in the meantime, I will update this post.


No comments: