Friday, September 22, 2017

Obligatory, 9.22.17

So many things to do, so little time...

Yes, I have been busy.  I am trying to work again.  Emphasis on try.  ( Reminds me of  the line by Yoda in the Star Wars flicks---- "do, or do not, there is no try".)

Yes, I am merely trying.  There can only be success or failure in the final analysis.  In our culture today, they give out participation trophies and juice boxes for trying.  The cold, cruel world only rewards those who succeed.

So my attempts have failed for the third time.  Each time I get a little closer, or so I would like to think.  I may be more "liberal" than I thought.  Damn.

Also, I have been trying to sell my van.  People are wasting my time out there.  Somebody made an offer, I just made a counter offer.  If that one isn't accepted, then I will stop wasting my time.  The van goes off the market.

Of course, I always try to succeed on this blog.  But if people waste my time, I may decide that this effort no longer justifies my time.  You see, I have so little of it remaining.

I have been wondering what should be on my tombstone.  Maybe it should be "he tried".  I would rather have a list of accomplishments.  Merely trying doesn't quite cut it.  Yet, that is all I can say right now.  I am still trying.


yuck, yuck


No comments: