Thursday, October 29, 2015

Home again, 10.29.15; General notes

Thinking more about the move out west.

What about buying a trailer and living out there?  A trailer could cost about $3800 based upon what Wishbone said that Number One told him.  That doesn't include moving it out there and setting it up.  It may be possible to set it up myself.  In fact, it will become necessary eventually to know how to do that.

Aside from those considerations, it would cost about $450 a month to rent a space.  Let's say a hundred a month to service the debt for 3 years.   That's $550 a month.  After that, there's the moving costs, and maybe an insurance cost.  Would that make sense, then?  It would be cheaper, but not necessarily easier than what I had planned.

Aside from that, a load has been lifted regarding the condition of the truck ( van ).  The repair done yesterday restored it to excellent running condition.  It no longer has the hesitation, nor the miss.  It started missing on Monday, and I waited until Tuesday to put it in the shop.

If I used the van to move the trailer out west, it would need some upgrades.  That's a lot of weight to pull for a long distance.

Five more months on the lease.  A decision needs to be made soon.

Update:

You can do better than that with that RV space in El Paso, but I don't know what it is like.  Maybe $350 a month all bills paid is within the realm of possibility.

Update:

I'm going to let this one go by.  If there's something cheap sometime when I'm ready, I may look into it, but now, no.


No comments: