Thursday, January 2, 2014

Six harsh truths

cracked via Instapundit

Interesting read.  This may not be in agreement with what folks think, but I can't help but to contrast that with the Parapundit post yesterday.  That post by Parker made me react negatively because this dude is assuming that there's a superior position due to heredity.  He's saying you're born with your gifts and that's that.

To the contrary, I was thinking that a lot of life is determined by attitude.  In fact, in my own life, attitude made a difference between just getting by and doing a great job.  I get the impression from Parker that he thinks that your genes and chromosomes matter more than anything else, and that seemed to me that he was saying that this also trumps attitude.  My reaction is negative for that reason.  You can have plenty of ability, but that won't matter if the attitude is wrong.

Attitude seems to me to be what the cracked piece is about.


No comments: