Sunday, December 29, 2013

I know how this guy must feel

It's kinda like a broken record around here.  For three years, I've pounded away at the keyboard and tried to build up an audience here.  But the blog remains rather obscure.  I've tried all kinds of ways to promote it too.  It's really tough.

I can't put my finger on why it is so tough.  Maybe you have to kiss the ring of somebody powerful who will pull the strings you need in order to move up.

Whatever the reason, it is a tough slog.  So, what happens when a guy runs for Senate against an incumbent that most people have some sort of problem with, but don't know quite what to do about it.  I'm referring to Senator Cornyn of Texas.  He's got a big warchest and a big name.  How can anybody unknown defeat this guy?

I was reminded how soon the primary is here in Texas when I read this Free Republic article.  It was written by Steve Stockman, one of Cornyn's opponents.  He has several opponents, but Stockman may well be the best known.  Somebody in the comment section gave a list of all the candidates and links to each of their sites.  So, I went over there and started doing a bit of research.

Realistically, it going to be Stockman v. Cornyn, and Cornyn has the inside track.  But I've made up my mind that I'm not going to vote for Cornyn like some trained monkey.

I came across somebody who impresses me.  But he has no name.  He is a Tea Party guy.  His name is Reid Reasor.  Based on what "ve seen so far, I think I may vote for him in the primary.  Trouble is, nobody is watching his videos.  You see, no big name, no big bucks, nobody knows who you are, and you are nowhere.  I know exactly how that feels.

Hopefully, there will be enough votes against Cornyn to force a runoff.  If that happens, I hope it is somebody we can be proud of to represent us in the Senate.  Cornyn has to go.








No comments: