Friday, September 20, 2013

Led Zeppelin - Four Sticks


This song is from Led Zeppelin IV. I recall listening to it many times, but I never did dig into the lyrics until now.  It appears to be about a man who is dreadfully unhappy with his significant other, and wishes to get away, but feels trapped.

I don't know why the song popped up into my head, but I'm telling you that it did.  It fits with the spirit of the times.  The woman could serve as a metaphor for the leadership that is ruining Western Civilization.  The political opposition to the leadership feels trapped by this unhappy situation and longs for an escape.  But it may never happen because it lacks the strength or the determination to change things.

The unhappiness will remain until that link is broken.  But the cure may not what it is imagined to be.  It is also the part that keeps you trapped where you are.



No comments: