Thursday, September 19, 2013

ParaPundit: California Minimum Wage To Hit $10 Per Hour

Randall Parker, ParaPundit

Note:  You should follow the links in his discussion.  When you don't follow the links, you don't get the full meaning of what he is writing.  You should also do that with respect to my writing on this blog.  I put in links as well to support my points.  If you don't click through, you may miss the point.

There's a number of points that Parker makes, which I won't repeat here.  See above note.


The reason I'm putting this up, is that we are in the midst of an economic change which is starting to worry me a bit.  The change revolves around a rather stratified ordering of society into a rigid class structure.

For anyone familiar, this may sound a bit leftist.  I'm aware of the ideology involved.  Class structures are probably unavoidable.  On the other hand, if the structures are too rigid, there can be no upward mobility.  You will be restricted to the class you are born into in such a social organization.  I'm against such social organization.  I'm for upward mobility.

Inasmuch as I was born into a lower middle class to lower class myself, I am not too happy about the current trends.  I haven't risen much above what I was born into.  This is a point of frustration for me, as I had always thought that I was better than that.  Part of the reason I began this blog was that I had such a feeling and wanted to do something about it.

It seems to me that the upper classes will orient the society according to their own advantage.  The question then should arise, "what to do with all these people who are in these lower classes?"

It is my theory that the Limits to Growth is a way to block the aspirations of the lower classes.  The restriction to resources that this movement advocates will do just that.  It will keep people down who want to move up.

There's no reason for that.  It is unjust.  If you are truly progressive, you should be against Limits to Growth as it is inherently fascist.

We should have an opportunity society with access to resources for everyone.  This can be best achieved when we master energy and space colonization.  This is why I favor it.  It will bring the massive resources to all mankind for the benefit of all mankind, not the privileged few.




No comments: