Monday, January 14, 2013

Mark Farner, Don Brewer, and Grand Funk and the power of email

Mark Farner had a pacemaker put in this past November.  He is 64 years old.  If you don't know who Mark Farner is, he is/was a rock star of the 70's.  He is very much pro-gun as Ted Nugent, at least from what I've read about him on his own website.  I think I came across this as a consequence of that plus a few other things.  Farner is also pretty pro-environment too, for all you greenie types.

Anyway, having read about the operation, I came across an interview with Don Brewer, who was in the rock group Grand Funk Railroad, along with Farner.  There was a falling out between Farner and the two other original band members---Brewer and Schacher.  As a result, Farner was voted out and now cannot use the name Grand Funk without some severe restrictions.  The band tours frequently now, but it isn't the same group as before without Farner.

This turn of events has been explained by Farner, but nothing else stands out which would give the other side of the story.  I thought the interview with Brewer would shed a bit of light on it, but it didn't.  Most fans seem to blame Brewer for what happened, so it would be interesting to hear his side of the story.

Anyway, in the interview, Brewer said he contacted the replacement for Farner through email.  What do you know about that?

This is all a roundabout way of saying that I emailed the Apollo company a few questions about their technology.  If I have anything to report, I will pass it along on this blog.


No comments: