Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Web pages are getting sucky

Maybe not all of them.  Just some of those that I liked to visit at one time are getting annoying in some respects.  For instance, just before I started writing this post, I was on Instapundit.  Reynolds has a lot of links that I click through and read, but by the time I return to his page, it refreshes.  I hate that.  One thing I really hate is for anything that is automatic on the computer.  I want control, I don't want the machine to control everything.

Another thing that I don't like is that there is a continuing trend towards putting too damn much stuff on a web page.  They should be clean and load quickly.  With more bells and whistles, too much time passes before  all of the preliminaries are completed.  A faster computer would help, but why should anyone be required to keep buying new computers?  An example is the chron.com, which has sporting news that I once liked to read about there.  Now, it is totally effed up.  I am thinking of going to other web pages instead for my sporting news.

Even this page is getting a little too complex.  I will try to keep the bells and whistles to a minimum.  That is all.

No comments: