Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An Inconvenient Truth

This is the movie by Al Gore.  I've rented it online.  So far, I've watched about 30 minutes..  One thing that struck me-  Al Gore's use of his son as an emotional prop for pushing these ideas.  It is outrageous.  If this is to be about science, it should be only about science.  Think of it this way- if we are to change our ways of life, are we to do it because of what happened to his son?  Does that make any sense at all?  It shouldn't.  I resent it.  I think any thinking person should resent it.

If there's anything else about the movie, I'll update and report it here.

Update:

Well, I finished the movie.  At the end, it gives suggestions on what to do about carbon dioxide.  It is more of the same thing- reduce living standards.

Look, if you want to eliminate carbon dioxide completely, and improve living standards at the same time, here's how you can do it.  By the way, the first petition has expired, there's a new one.

And it doesn't mean using mass transit.  That's a bad solution.  I've tried it.

No comments: