Excerpts ("Here are a few highlights the team at Altius and I kept discussing while developing this plan":)
- Is there a problem people will pay you to solve? If not, you do not have a market.
- An attractive Market is even more valuable than an attractive technology.
- Your customer is the organization that pays you
- Once you have found a market, be cautious before competing head to head with incumbents
- There is no substitute for the right market and the right team.
- Money: how much do you need and how are you going to get it?
- If your Mom doesn’t understand your plan, VC’s won’t take the time to understand it either. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.
- The “prize” in most public competitions is the publicity and connections made as a result of winning, not in a the few dollars at stake.