Monday, January 10, 2011

Recent Events

There have been a few things that have happened in connection to this blog which I haven't commented upon.  In the spirit of openness that I wanted to apply to this blog, I think it would behoove me to explain these events and have them out in the open.

Basically, its pretty simple.  The blog had three contributors, now there is just one, me.  How did that happen is what I shall explain, or attempt to explain.  I say attempt, because I do not have all the facts.

Evidently something happened between Google, who owns Blogger, and WishboneT, one of my contributors. Rather than speculate upon what that was, I will remain silent on it.  All I know is that something happened. The only detail that I can provide is that it may have had something to do with AdSense, which is the advertising side of this.  From there, it gets a bit murky, and I won't comment further upon that.

Anyway, Google removed him from contributor list.  This wasn't my decision, but Googles'.  As of this writing, I know of no other action relating to Google that they have done, or may have done in connection with whatever this is.

I made a decision at that point to go solo.  Since Steven wasn't contributing to the blog, I decided to drop him from the contributor list.  I can't say that he did anything wrong.  It was just my impression that he really wasn't interested in doing posts for this blog.  As of the time I dropped him, he hadn't made a single post. 

And there it is in a nutshell.  I will miss Wishbone's contribution to the blog.  I think he definitely added something, but that is out of my control.  I am going to continue the blog, though.  But as with everything else I have written, it is not easy to do this and make money at it.  And I need to make money at this.  I'm still thinking up new ideas all the time.  One of these days, I may run out of ideas.  But in the meantime, I am still trying.

No comments: