Sunday, January 23, 2011

NFL Championship Games

By this time tomorrow, we'll know who's going to the Super Bowl this year.  I used to spend a lot more time on this than I do now, making picks against the spread.  At this point, I don't even know what the lines are for the two games.  I can make some picks based upon little research and mostly gut feeling though.  What the heck, just for kicks.  No pun intended.

Anyway, in the AFC, I like the Jets.  I think the Steelers may have a problem up front on the offensive line.  Lots of injuries.  Both teams have good defenses and running games.  I like the Steelers QB better than the Jets QB, but this may be negated by the weakness in the Steeler Oline.  So, I'm going with the Jets in the AFC.

In the NFC, I like the Packers.  I think they have no weaknesses that I can think of.  I'm not so sure about the Bears.  I watched some games with the Bears and I find it hard to believe that they really rate high enough to be the NFC champ.  So, I'm taking the Packers.

So there you are.  I'm taking the Jets and Packers in the Super Bowl.  Straight up, not against the spread.  Let's see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Steelers. Mostly because their organization is one of the best ever at putting teams in the Super Bowl. In the NFC I like the Packers. They have a balanced team and have dominated games from both sides of the line of scrimmage this season.