Monday, January 24, 2011

Ad purchased for flight scheduled for March

As you may have noticed, I have been writing several posts about JP Aerospace.  Recently, I took it a step further and purchased ad space on one of their upcoming missions scheduled for late March.  Why, you may ask.

To be blunt about it, I need a break.  This blog isn't pulling in enough audience and I needed to do something. I have done ads before, but this one cost more.  I have greater hopes for it, but there's no guarantee of anything. Aside from personal motives, there's other reasons.  The most significant one is that I believe that colonizing space is a desirable goal.  And I want to be a part of it.

As you may have noticed, I am skeptical of the government and politicians in general.  This extends to corporations and the "big boys" in general.  I don't think you can count on the "big boys" to do it.  They are too risk averse for this type of endeavor.  There's not enough upside to it or they are just plain greedy.   Besides, if someone else will foot the bill, and take the risks, they will be happy to let them.  Yes, it will take an entrepreneur to do it.  It will take someone with a vision and someone who isn't afraid of taking some risks. This does not fit anyone at a government bureaucracy and corporations are so big that they might as well be another branch of the government.

My impression of JP Aerospace is that it could be called a peoples' space program.  They accept volunteers to work for them and business from just ordinary folks like me ( who runs a small time blog).  JP has turned down offers to go commercial with this.  He wants to take it all the way to the Moon, he says.  He's going to do it on his own and with a little help from his friends.

Finally, he just may succeed.  And if he does, it will be a boon for everyone.  A real hero's adventure.

No comments: