Friday, December 31, 2010

Al Fin: Choking on Affluence: Decline of Western Ambition

Al Fin: Choking on Affluence: Decline of Western Ambition

I don't know if this has anything to do with what Al Fin is saying, but let me relate it nonetheless.  As anyone who has read this blog knows, I've been blogging pretty heavily about space exploration.  The reason is that I got a bit of an inspiration from reading Mining The Sky: Untold Riches From The Asteroids, Comets, And Planets (Helix Book).   From this I concluded that every problem being pointed to as a problem can be solved if we turned our attention to the stars, not to the mud on the ground.  So, in that spirit, I go to Huffington Post and post a comment on what I believe to be true.  What happens?  I get insulted, that's what happened.  I kept researching this since that time, which is about 3 months now, and my hunch is turning into conviction.  Not only are the answers in the sky, but it is very likely to be possible to do this in the near future.   Much nearer than many people seem to think.  So I go back to Huffpo and post again.  What happens?  Nothing!  Not one person bothered to respond.  I would think that this should have been received with enthusiasm, but no.

If people here in the USA don't get it, somebody else in the world will.  Things will not stand still just because it doesn't fit our ideas of being convenient to the way we want to think.  Get with the program or get left behind.

No comments: