Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out and about today

I like to take walks in order to get some exercise each day.  Normally, I just walk in the neighborhood, but this time I decide to go somewhere.  Where did I go?  To the mall.  It's a nice big mall, but not a new one.  This mall has been around for as long as I can remember, and I have lived in this town almost my whole life.  It's called Memorial City, which is on the west side of  Houston.

This mall has evolved a bit since earlier times.  Perhaps not everybody knows it, even those who have lived here a long time that there is a skating rink here.  The rink is relatively new.  There's a large medical center being built across the street.  An elevated and covered walkway is being built across the busy street that runs between the mall and the medical center.

In another part of the mall, there was this hover toy that was getting some attention.  I took a picture of that too, but it is really hard to see.  The little gadget went for 300 bucks, so I decided to take a pass on that.


It's interesting that such toys exist.  I didn't know about that.  Now I have seen toy jets (real jets) that were remote controlled.  I wish I had a video of it.  This plane that I saw looked just like a fighter jet.  Once it landed, you could see that it was a toy.  While it was in the air, it looked like a real fighter jet.  Anyway, I circled the hover toy at the mall (not the jet) so that you can see it.


  While I was there, I met an interesting man who was selling perfumes.  I gave him my business card.  I hope to hear from him again.  Perhaps he will come by here and say hello.  If not, I know where he is now.  That almost sounds like a threat.