Saturday, November 13, 2010

CAIB

I know this is dated material, but I have never had time to look it over completely.  A couple hundred pages of pdf to read over about the Columbia accident.  My impression going in is that we have a political problem.  One thing about this report that I can comment upon right now is that it was quite thorough.  In that respect, it is impressive.  I'll have more to say on it later.

NOVA: Columbia - Space Shuttle Disaster

Update:  I haven't written anything new about this yet, but I have thought about it.  I continue to believe that we have a political problem.  This may have contributed to the accident, but probably didn't cause it directly.  If you look at the budget history of NASA, it is called upon to do more and more with less and less money.  Therein lies at least part of the problem.

No comments: