Thursday, December 31, 2020

Dark days



New Year's Eve

In this neck of the woods, the year is going out with a lot of rain. Not a flooding rain, but enough to fill my washtub I use for rain catchment. That's about 15 gallons of the wet stuff. It takes a good soaking rain to do that, and it is still raining.

This was the weirdest year yet, I do believe. The New Year may get even weirder. ( Is there such a word?)

There may be people out there who consider this blog to be low-class. Maybe not a pro- fessional quality. There was a time when I wanted it to be, but that time has passed. The blog is what it is. It is free. I've spent tremendous amout of time on the thing. Also some money here and there. I decided long ago not to spend a lot of money on it.

But at this point, maybe I don't think it is even worth the time. So there.

This allows me to segue into something I heard on Bongino's show today. There is a thing called "substack", in which authors like myself could use to make money with their writing. A thought occurred to me to look closely into it. I did look, but not too closely. It may be worth considering some day, but right now, I'll keep to the present course.

Besides, I don't have a big audience, so why should I have a big audience on that thing? Or any audience at all?

That may seem defeatist. If so, then so be it. I spent considerable effort to make this blog a success, and it isn't.

I write for the ideas, not the money. Enough for that little sidebar.

Bongino thinks it is crazy to sit out the Georgia run-off. Since I am not in Georgia, it doesn't matter to me anyway. If it was in Texas, would I feel the same way? It is easy to talk about things that you would do when you are not in that situation.

We need some way to discipline wayward people in government. The prospect of a humiliating defeat may concentrate some minds. Maybe they don't care anymore about holding office, but if they do, something like this may get their attention.

It may be crazy in the sense that it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. But if they won't support us anyway, then WHY BOTHER? As Hillary once said, "what difference does it make?" For me, the GOP has to get their minds right, or they are "heestwah" to me.

I like Bongino, though. I don't want to be too critical, but I don't agree with him on this one. You got to stop feeding people who come back and bite you on the ass.

One last thing about Bongino's show today. He talked about "rods from God". This is supposedly a new type of weapon the Air Force has developed. But it really isn't new. I heard about this one when Bush was POTUS. Not really new, folks.

So that should be all for 2020. Another one like this one and who knows where we will all be this time in 2021. A really dark cloud has descended upon us, after all.





No comments: