Saturday, September 14, 2019

Busy week

This concluding week has been a rather busy one.  It has also been a rather expensive one.

The biggest expense was the MRI, which may become even more expensive.  There's something about the medical industry that is different than any other.  You can pay for your service, but that doesn't mean that you have paid for your service.  You can still be billed long afterward.  No other business does this, and you have to wonder how they get away with it.

Hopefully, the MRI results will be good, and the costs won't get ridiculous. 

As for the rest of the week's activities, the computer has been acting up.  I bought a couple of things that are working great, but they turned out to be unnecessary purchases.  Hence the complaint about an expensive week.

Another thing I did was to order a sim card kit in order to convert one of my old phones to a different carrier.  That was an experiment.  The experiment looks to be a failure.  The phone won't work, and the customer service doesn't know how to help.  But I am suspicious.  It looks like a scam.  The sim card was advertised to work, but it doesn't.  But it appears I made a mistake.  Perhaps I should have checked with the current carrier in order to see if the phone should have been unlocked.  That's another scam.  You have to be aware of scams these days.  Scams are all around.

The idea with the phone was to save money, but here I am spending even more.  It has already been an expensive week, so this does not make me happy.

Would less have been more this week?  Seems like being busy has gotten expensive even when I am trying to save money.  It is almost as if you can't win.  A Star Trek movie comes to mind---Kobayashi Maru on The Wrath of Khan.  It was a no-win situation.  Unlike Captain Kirk, I am not going to be able to change the rules.  Like Captain Kirk, I hate to lose.


No comments: