Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Computer problem

Updated:

9.11.19:

Now that I have bought a bluetooth speaker, the thing decides it wants to work again.

Now that I spent my money, of course.  I need to do like the liberals do.  Blame everybody and everything that is not responsible for this.  Reward the one who is responsible.

Yay, Microsoft! /sarc  Down with the Bluetooth guys.  /sarc

a song dedicated to all the "responsible" ones:




9.7.19:


A few days ago, Microsoft Update informed me that I had to have an update so as to maintain their support.  Without the update, it seems as though this computer would be abandoned to the tender mercies of the world wide web.

So I updated.  After it was completed, the darned thing wouldn't recognize the speaker or mic.  For the last several days, I have wrestled with this problem with no solution.

Actually, I can get audio with my hands free earpiece.  But that is not the same as having a speaker and a mic.  Bluetooth seemed like a solution, and might still be, but I resent having to buy new devices when the device onboard should work.  It did before the update.

The fix might cost 30 to 40 bucks.  If I get lucky, it might be 20 bucks.  So why post this?  The microsoft support wasn't helpful at all.  You can send feedback, but there's nothing that comes back to you.  Screw this.

Well, maybe I will buy the hardware and cross my fingers.  If it works, I am out a little money is all.  I still resent this.

Maybe there is another solution!  I thought about this recently.  I won't mention it, but I will study it.  Maybe there is another way.


No comments: