It's an old Ace of Spades post. The answer is that it was the anniversary of the Planet of the Apes movies. Can't place the person behind the makeup. This post seemed to get a lot of clicks. Why? A possible answer in the Ace of Spades post? If you "ax" me, there does seem to be a bit of monkey-business going on.
Update a bit later: As long as I'm mentioning theaters in Houston, I watched the Planet of the Apes at Garden Oaks, which still stands in the "Heights" region of Houston, perhaps a few miles away. (But maybe not for much longer) I dug a little deeper on the Yale theater. It was torn down in mid-sixties, which may explain why I don't recall going there during that time. By the time the Planet of the Apes movies started coming out, it was the late sixties. Garden Oaks wasn't necessarily larger, newer, nor better; but it stayed open longer. Note: It wasn't a theater when it finally closed. It might've been a church.
6/3/18: The original post follows below:
Somebody in the news lately?![]() |
| source |

No comments:
Post a Comment