Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Nobody likes it when somebody pisses in their cornflakes

Did that title make you laugh?  Kinda obvious isn't it?  What I mean is, when somebody tells you that you're wrong, it tends to be like somebody pissing in your cornflakes.  Do you like somebody doing something like that?  Well, of course not.  But, on the other hand, who does anything like that literally?  What I am saying is that nobody likes it when you tell them that they are wrong.  Just trying to make it lighthearted as possible, so it won't go down like somebody really did piss on your cornflakes.

We live in a very complicated world.  Lots of people believe a lot of different things.  Not everybody can agree on what to believe.  It is hard to herd cats, and it isn't much easier to herd people.   That is assuming that you would even want to herd people.  I'm not so sure that getting people to behave like beasts that can herded, like cows, is such a good thing.

Personally, it is hard for me to understand what the objection is to Roy Moore amongst those who are religious.  Are you or are you not for the Ten Commandments?  Are you or are you not for traditional marriage?

I can understand if the objection is that Roy Moore is not a serious man.  But if the guy was willing to lose his job twice over these issues, it looks like he is at least more serious than average.  How then am I wrong to believe this?  If Moore was not serious, he would do a Pres. George H. W. Bush and do the equivalent of saying "never mind", like the SNL skits.  Bush 41, as he sometimes called, made a big deal out of not raising taxes, then betrayed that promise by raising taxes.  To me, that is not serious.  On the other hand, like Judge Moore, the willingness to risk being fired from a job because you hold to your position is exactly the kind of thing that looks serious to me.  How can he not be serious?  Roy Moore looks a lot different than the example of the Bushes.

I would need an explanation for that.  But saying that could be like pissing in somebody's cornflakes.  But you pissed first.  Know what I mean, Vern?

For those who think this is cryptic, you are right.  But try not to focus on that.  Focus on what I just said.

I know that I "piss on cornflakes" a lot on this blog.  Maybe that is why it isn't popular.  But even I can admit when I am wrong.

Show me where I am wrong.  Almost nobody even bothers to try.



No comments: