Saturday, November 20, 2010

Defunct pages

I have been doing some housekeeping.  I eliminated some pages and started using
labels to categorize posts.  The Future of This Blog page has been cancelled and
the posts are being transplanted to this post here and labelled so it won't be lost.
Here it is as follows (italics added for clarity):


I decided to add this page in order to keep up some content.  I want the home page to stay static though, because I want the post about the poll to stay on top.  In the meantime, I will post a little here.

Exploring Taegan Goddard's Political Wire Blog.  Some of the links are interesting.  Also, updated the thought experiment continued post by using two comments.  Had a math error.  I web browsed the technique of  telepresence.  This technique may be utilized in future space missions.  I was thinking that you could have the lunar workforce control the machines with this technique.  This would give a safety margin as the workforce could stay out of the harsh lunar environment by staying in the safer permanent lunar habitat.

Final post for today, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2000:  Bought a book and started reading it.  Actually, it is a Kindle version of a book.  It is called "After the Software Wars", by Keith Cary Curtis.  Curtis was a programmer for Microsoft.  I guess you can say he went over to the dark side, or maybe he went from the dark side to the good side.  All depends upon your point of view, I suppose.  I guess I am going to take his side and say he went from serving Darth Vader to serving the good side of the "force".   I am a bit tongue in cheek here.   Don't want to make too much light out of this.  This is serious stuff.  Something that can be generalized to new situations, like this one.  If there was a name for this project, I would call it the seed project.  What I am trying to do is to come up with a seed that can grow into a lunar community.  A child as it were of the parent civilization, meaning us here on Earth.

Thursday, Nov. 18, 2010:  I am brainstorming ideas for the seed project.  I want to encourage comments on this blog.  The proposed seed project can be open sourced like Linux.   In order to be open sourced, it needs a connection to the community.  The community here is anyone who is interested in this idea.  Everyone is encouraged to comment.  

As of now, I have eliminated 3 pages.  I will keep products page up.


No comments: