Saturday, June 27, 2020

Sunflowers growing wild




These were growing a few miles from here. From the pic, it is not readily apparent how large these are. If someone was standing there in the pic, they would have to look UP in order to see the tallest ones. Yep. Over 6 ft. tall. Big suckers.

Maybe I got the identification wrong and these aren't sunflowers. If they are not, they sure do a great imitation. I've heard of larger ones than these. Most of the sunflowers around here are a lot smaller. Lots of Indian brushes, too. However, the season for those is in spring. They appear in the spring, but these big suckers are here NOW.

This is all a part of my self-education program. It is necessary to learn what kind of plant life there is out there in the desert. It is a new thing for me, for in the past, I would totally ignore these kinds of things.

Another short comment before I close. It has been an ongoing thing that I have been doing since I bought the land, yet I still don't know much. I need to accelerate this process. Six years and I still don't know very much.




No comments: