Thursday, September 27, 2018

It's a big circus

If you read Instapundit, you may have noticed a counter at the end of each post.  This counter seems to indicate how much attention that post is getting, for those of you who may be wondering. 

There are no comments on that blog, so I think this is a count to how many comments there would be if there were comments.  It's a proxy for comments, I would say.

Anyway, I have never seen it so high than for these Kavanaugh hearings.   It tells me that people are paying close attention to it.

I am not.  I am taking a 30k ft. view of it.  This is my view--- it's a circus.  All of this is designed for the drama.  What will the end result be?  Hard to say.  If they think they can fool all of the people, they are quite mistaken.  They may be able to fool most of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

If the GOP refuses to back this nominee, they will have to fool all the people all of the time for now on.  That's my 30k ft. view.

In other words, nobody is going to believe them anymore.  Why should they?  This circus is supposed to convince us of Kavanaugh's guilt?  Are you kidding me????!!!

They are going to fool some of the people some of the time with this.  But that won't help them in the future.  They ought to play the game honestly, and stop fooling around with this.

We'll see how the drama ends.  Hopefully soon.


No comments: