Monday, May 28, 2018

Obligatory, 5.28.18

Here it is, afternoon, and I haven't made a post.

Nothing in particular to write about, so let's just mention a few things.


  •   The first thought in my mind this morning was that I am getting a little sick and tired about writing about politics.  Actually, I feel better if I don't read the news.  It does seem a bit extreme to "tune out", and just stop following current events.  But, perhaps to not write about it could be a partial solution.  The other part would be to drop current events altogether, but that would be too much.  I suppose I could just read headlines, and then move on...
  • Without posting about politics, I could just post about my own stuff.  Like the stuff I do around this trailer, and my preparations for moving out to the land in W. Texas.
  • With that in mind, one thing I am doing is a lot of work on weeds.  I don't expect to have that issue out there, though.
  • Another issue is bugs.  I noticed some unwelcome visitors that seemed to getting in through the cracks in between the screen door and the outside.  Wasps seem to love crawling through these cracks.  I'd get one inside the trailer, and it would be lively around here for a little bit.  To deal with that issue, I put in some new weatherstripping on the screen door.  The cracks are still there, but they are smaller.  The amount I got wasn't enough, so it may not wasp proof my screen door.  We'll see.
  • Last couple of weeks, I have been experimenting with the concept of "boondocking".  This sleeping over at some parking lot overnight, or on a street where it is legal to park.  Not sure if they like me sleeping on their lot, so I try to move around so as not to be noticed.  If I were to do this out west, I would consider a road side park.  There is one out of town from Austin, but it is a little too far for my purposes.  Anyway, the idea of sleeping overnight like this is to avoid the long commute back and forth between Austin and this place, which is over an hour away.  A work in progress, you might say.
  • It is rather hot here lately.  That is hard to spend time out there like that, but it is even worse here at home.  It gets mucho hot in this trailer, so here I am thinking about how to make this a bit more bearable, while at the same time, not spending mucho buckos.  I could mention what I did, but that would be a little too much to write about here, so just keep it simple and say that I managed to keep a wet towel on for as long as possible.  Aside from that, I could just seek an air conditioned place.  A library, or a mall might do.
  • Been cooking with my egg cooker device.  It is a neat little thing that can be used for other things besides eggs.  I cooked a boneless pork chop with it yesterday.  Even in the heat, it doesn't make things worse.  If you used a cook top, it would add more heat than this thing.  Anyway, I like it and I use it.
  • Been thinking about construction ideas for the cabin out west.  Or to not build a cabin at all, but use this trailer instead.  If I used the trailer, my experiences here will help me understand what I need to do out there.  One vital thing to remember is to keep the sun off the trailer.  I don't do that here, and haven't done anything along those lines this summer.  But that could change.
That is all.



No comments: