Sunday, April 27, 2014

Star Wars Episode IV: "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Can anybody guess why I put this one up?

Well, I'll answer it myself below.





The "lack of faith" is a bit of a conflict between technology and personal capabilities.  That's what my take is.  Lord Vader has powers that this other fellow doesn't quite understand nor believe in.  It turns out that Vader was right.  The Death Star was destroyed.

What does that have to do in the real world?  People these days are way too impressed with "technological marvels" and not impressed enough with the things that matter more.  Our culture may produce some technologically impressive things, but the inner core of it is crumbling before our very eyes.

Too bad there isn't a Lord Vader to set the foolish ones straight.


No comments: