Monday, June 3, 2013

Sitemeter gets the boot

Something's wacky about sitemeter.  Maybe a couple years ago, I used it and it seemed to reflect the growth of the blog.  But when I took it off the front page, the stats went to zero.  I figured if the sitemeter wasn't there, they wouldn't keep track of the stats.

Now that I came back, the stats really didn't return.  According to their stats, there still is very light traffic on this blog.  Maybe that's true, but it isn't likely to be LESS traffic than their own stats showed when I left.

Moreover, I found some folks out there who have had issues with sitemeter.  Looks like if you don't want to pay, you can't play with them.  I can understand somebody wanting to make money and such.  But this goes a bit too far.  Not only with my blog, but the stories out there.  The bottom line is they are going to be aggressive in making money, too aggressive.

So off they go.  This time for good.


No comments: