Saturday, December 11, 2010

Long live the King

This is a quick and dirty essay. I would like to expound upon these ideas,
but time does not allow it. I have got to get this out there quickly, so
here goes.

I came across a certain phenemonon making the rounds recently. It is
called "The Secret". I think Oprah Winfrey had a show about it. It is one
of those things that grabs the popular imagination. I looked into it,
and I thought a lot of it reminded me of that "positive attitude" mindset-
but upon further reflection, I think there is a dark side to this.

So, what is a "secret" anyway? This is not a textbook definition, let's
just say a secret is a truth that is hiddenly purposefully. The purpose
being its being hidden is a need for dominance and control. It is not the
same as success through a positive attitude because that philosophy champions
growth and this growth cannot succeed unless it is shared. Sharing is the
opposite of being secretive. Therefore, this "secret" must remain so;
because if it is discovered would make it a threat to those who want that
dominance and control.

This reminds me of a book that I read many years ago by Robert Ringer:
Winning through Intimidation. In that book, Ringer was quite critical
about the usual success stories and advocated his own philosophy of what
he called "intimidation". In the beginning of the book, he mentions Ayn
Rand, who he admires. Well, anyway, this introduced me to Ayn Rand and
her ideas. His introduction of Ayn Rand was used to downplay the negativism
associated with the word "intimidation". Ringer was using that word not
in the conventional way, but in a way that he hoped would get his ideas
across to his readers.

And what was that? I think it was something in what Rand wrote about on
several occasions that I observed. There is a tendency, perhaps a inherent
trait in some people that makes them want to deny you your hard won, hard
earned success.

So, how do you look for signs in the real world of this phenomenon? I
would look at some famous people and how they made their success. Let's
start with that television show called American Idol. It is the only
season in which I watched the last shows in which the winner is selected.
That year in which I watched was the year that Carrie Underwood won. What
struck me about it was that there was so many talented singers. Each of
them could have won. So why did Carrie Underwood win?

Not to say that she didn't deserve it. But any one of those contestants
could have been an American Idol. Yet, the thing I am going to mention
here is what happened afterward. It seems that she was being promoted
for some reason. Not every American Idol winner gets the attention and
promotion that she has gotten. Why is that? I think it is a phenomenon
that I'll refer to as the kingmaker phenomenon. There is this "something"
out there that is promoting those who are approved by the Kingmakers. I
think Carrie Underwood is favored by the Kingmakers.

If my theory is correct, then there are many out there in prominent position
because they found the favor of the Kingmakers. Like Barak Obama. Tell,
what is so great about Barak Obama? Wasn't he selected by those who wanted
to make him president?

But the Kingmakers are not always successful. An obvious example of that
is George W. Bush. Boy did the Kingmakers hate him! Ronald Reagan is
another. The Kingmakers are not always successful, but they eventually
tend to wear down the public with their negativism. Even Reagan, as
popular as he was, was on the verge of getting into a lot of trouble by
the end of his presidency. The Kingmakers were not pleased.

Of course I'm getting to Sarah Palin. If you bother to notice, the Kingmakers
are definitely not satisfied with Sarah. If there is any chance at all for
her, she will have to find a way around the Kingmakers as Reagan and Bush
did. Otherwise, she will share the fate of Dan Quayle and other victims
of the Kingmakers destructive force.

Of course, the Kingmaker is the liberal media, and their allies. They
are on the left politically. They are not champions of capitalism and
freedom, but the enemy of it. Anyone who wants to champion freedom,
personal success, and overall wealth creation is an enemy of these people.
They want to control and dominate. They want to be served, not to serve.
Look out for the Kingmakers. They pretend to be your friends, but they
are not. Do not be fooled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was surprised when I found out the left believes the media is right-leaning. What they appear to be is firestarters at heart. They love to build people up and then kick their feet out from under them. You mentioned Reagan and Bush, but Clinton got his and Carter did, too. Now Carter I can understand, but Clinton's different, in that he looks for exceptance (sic) wherever he can find it and wants to please whoever he meets. That is why he keeps popping up in the national media from time to time. The media are Kingmakers, but they erejoice in unmaking one just as much.