Thursday, October 28, 2010

NFL picks

I tried doing this for real back in the eighties.  I wrote a computer program and used statistics to see if I could pick games v the spread.  It was only so-so, so I gave it up.  Based upon this guys' picks, how would I pick em, the same or different?  Let's see.


BARRY WILNER:   CHIEFS -9 v Bills, 24-14

Yeah, I think the Chiefs will cover.

BARRY WILNER:  Minnesota (plus 4) at New England  BEST BET: PATRIOTS 30-10
I agree, but not necessarily a blow out.  Pats to cover.


BARRY WILNER:  Seattle (plus 1 1/2) at Oakland  UPSET SPECIAL: SEAHAWKS, 21-20

Raiders could be turning the corner.  Raiders to cover.  I don't agree with this one.

BARRY WILNER: Pittsburgh (pick-em) at New Orleans  STEELERS, 21-20
Steelers should win this one easily.

BARRY WILNER: Washington (plus 1) at Detroit  LIONS, 17-13

I'm not a believer in the Lions.  I'll take the skins and the point.


BARRY WILNER: Houston (plus 6) at Indianapolis, Monday night  COLTS, 30-23

This could be the football equivalent of the Thrilla in Manila.   I think the Texan can beat the Colts and will beat the spread at least.  Taking the points.

BARRY WILNER: Green Bay (plus 4 1/2) at N.Y. Jets  JETS, 24-20

He's picking the Jets to win, but not to cover.  I'll say the Jets will cover.

BARRY WILNER:  Carolina (plus 3) at St. Louis  RAMS, 21-10

The Rams are another team turning the corner.  Easy win for Rams, will cover.


BARRY WILNER:  Miami (plus 1) at Cincinnati  DOLPHINS, 19-17

Dolphins are dogs in this one?!  Take the point.

BARRY WILNER:  Tampa Bay (plus 3 1/2) at Arizona  CARDINALS, 20-17

Cards to cover.   Just to disagree, I suppose.


BARRY WILNER:  San Francisco (pick-em) vs. Denver at London   BRONCOS, 27-14

Good thing this is in London.  Improves the air quality over here.  I'll take the Broncos.

BARRY WILNER:  Tennessee (plus 3 1/2) at San Diego  TITANS, 23-19

The Titans are looking good.  Take the points.



BARRY WILNER: Jacksonville (plus 7) at Dallas  COWBOYS, 20-14

Dallas won their Superbowl at Reliant.  The rest of the season can't come soon enough.  Take the points.

No comments: