Thursday, May 26, 2022

Prostate issues



This is kind of a "old man" disease. For the last several days, I've been concentrating my attention on this problem. Yes, I have it. Unfortunately, the solutions to this won't come easy. That is, if the videos are correct in what they say.

Everybody is different, so no cookie-cutter solutions are offered here. I'll concentrate on my own situation. If anyone reading this can get something useful from it, then all to the good.

There are a number of doctors on youtube who discuss prostate issues. Given the power of the internet, I won't bother giving links. Sure, it might help if I did. But I noticed that the same themes seem to be coming up. The number one theme is TOO MUCH SUGAR. There are others, sadly enough.

This can also be expanded into TOO MANY CARBS. The thing that happens is that you'll develop insulin resistance over time. It's an "old man" disease because it affects the urinary tract, which is different from the way it works in women. They might want to tell Bruce Jenner that. Er, it is interesting to note that castrates don't seem to get BPH. (BPH: not to get fancy here, just say its a swollen prostate)

A swollen prostate blocks the urinary tract in men. I've seen that insulin can be a cause for a swollen prostate. It appears that too much sugar can cause a host of problems that you won't like when you get older. Best to get control over that while you're still young. In America, we consume WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. I know I did. I'm trying to cut back, but I'm finding that it is a far worse problem that even I thought.

That's because of HIGH CARBS. Incidentally, I've known about this for several years now. I thought I did a few things to help with that, but it is far worse than I thought. Carbs get easily converted to glucose, which gets the body to produce way too much insulin, which causes insulin resistance. That chain of events is going to lead to BIG PROBLEMS. One of these is a swollen prostate. There are other problems, sadly enough. Not to get anybody depressed. It's bad enough as is.

I figured that following the USDA labels on food ( or is it FDA labels?), would be the answer. But it isn't. Even those labels show TOO MUCH CARBS AND SUGAR.

The all caps is not flaming. It is emphasis. If there's anything I'm getting out of this is that I need to cut back on CARBS and SUGAR. That means even from where I am at now. Where I am at now I thought was good. But nope. I've got a ways to go. And so it goes.

No comments: