Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shower gizmo

The entire time out there, I did not try this gizmo that I intended to use to take a shower at "da Ranch".  Since there is no running water, there has to be a way to get water on you so that you clean yourself off.  It is especially important out there because it can get so dirty.

I tried the Ivation Battery-Powered Handheld Portable Shower at home before I headed out.  The problem is that it puts out about as much water as your shower head at home, but there's not that much water available.

So, what's the solution?  I may try this sometime:  Buy an aquarium pump, and pump the water -that runs out the shower head into the collection area, in my case, a metal tub- back up into the bucket from whence it came.  It will, in effect, recirculate the water over and over again as long as you are comfortable with the quality of the water coming out.  If you want to rinse off, put the gizmo into another bucket of clean water.  My goal is to be able to get fully clean by using only about 3 gallons of water per shower.


No comments: