Thursday, April 23, 2015

Windpower horror story

This guy went through hell he says.  That's before he got it right, and now he is happy.

One recommendation he stresses is to make sure you get a good wind area.  In order to do this, he says to get a good weather station.  These are not cheap!  A name he mentions is Davis.  Over $500 to get a simple station installed.

The reason I'm interested in windpower is that the area I'm in does appear to be windy.  The wind blows more frequently than the sun shines, so I figure I'd get a more reliable source of energy.

It is good practice to learn from the experience of others.  I think I'd take this guy's experiences to heart.

I had some weather equipment there, but it was old and not very useful.  Time for an upgrade?  Well, it's the old money problem again.

This one goes into the Power subseries of the off-the-grid series of posts.

Prev    Next




No comments: