Sunday, April 19, 2015

What goes up...

must come down, the saying goes.  Perhaps a corollary to that is this:  what goes into a van for a trip must come out of the van after the trip.  I put off this chore until today because I didn't feel up to it.  Still don't, but it has to be done sometime.

The stuff that's coming out is dirty, since the place it was in is about as dusty and dirty a  place as you can imagine.  It's like a sandbox.  You're always cleaning the dirt off of you and you still aren't clean.

It was like a war in a metaphorical sense of the word.  No bullets, no bloodshed, but a constant battle against the elements.  I think I achieved a victory of sorts, but I am not sure if the victory will hold up, or what value it really has until I do some analysis.  If I have the energy for that, I will do it today.  Still got to finish unloading the van, though.  Also need to clean some dirty clothes.

After an event, there is always a debriefing or decompression or what have you afterwards.  It took a lot of planning to put the trip together and a lot of effort to execute, and it will also take a lot of effort to analyze and learn some lessons.

In the meantime, I will be busy, and posting will be light.  It was heavier yesterday because I wasn't moving around so much.  Now that I am more active, there will be less time for this.


No comments: