Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A little worried this morning

About what?

Everything!

Yesterday, I had an appointment with the doctor.  As usual these days, they want to take blood samples.  For that, you must fast.  I didn't eat, cuz you are not supposed to.  Trouble is, I didn't drink enough either, probably cuz I didn't think about it.  That gal had to poke me three times for blood, so there's that.  She asks: "did you drink any water" and I thought I had, but evidently not enough.  I may have be dehydrated, cuz the blood wouldn't flow.  Well, I have to wait for the results of that.  The doc wants to know how my thyroid is doing, and probably a few other things, so there's that.  The long and short of it is that I'm getting old.  I haven't done everything right, in terms of health, so it's catching up to me.

Getting sick ain't cheap.  Fortunately, I'm not sick yet, but I'm workin' on it.

That dental bill can make you sick.  That cost a bundle.  It got so big because I didn't take good enough care of my teeth.  Like I was sayin'.

Now, here I am, thinking of going out West, like the young man of yesteryear.  The spirit is like that, always young.  But your body will tell you otherwise when you get old enough.

That's just your body and your money.  That's just the beginning of troubles.

I was thinking yesterday that even if I am totally prepared, I'm still cooked if things fall apart badly enough.  I  need medications.  How do I get my meds when the crap hits the fan?

We really need the crap to stay away from that fan, okay?  There seems to be people out there who'd love to see the crap hit that fan.  Me, not so much.  Just one more thing to worry about.

Then there's the Ebola thing.  It shouldn't be happening, but there it is.  Yesterday, I was in that clinic about to give blood, and all these people there.  A disease like Ebola could spread like wildfire, and not enough people seem to understand, or to be aware, of how a catastrophe like that can all happen. If there's one place where Ebola might lurk, it is around a lot of people, and especially in a doctor's office, or clinic.  But, you've got to go to the doctor sometimes.  People are going to the doctor all the time.  Just sayin'.

 The Big Picture is not looking good, but the leadership says--"not to worry".  Sure, don't worry about a thing.  They are taking care of everything.

Somehow, I don't feel reassured.


No comments: