Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Huevos Rancheros

I don't mention much about my cooking, which is probably a good thing.  lol

Eating is good, cooking not so much.  It doesn't do much for me to cook, but I love to eat.

What I want to discuss here is a dish I just made.  What I like to do is to make stuff FAST and EASY.

Huevos Rancheros in a short description is egg whites with a dash of garlic salt, black pepper, and salsa.   Use a little olive oil or your eggs will become a hockey puck in the microwave.  No bread, no cheese, just pour the salsa on top after it's cooked and enjoy.

It takes only a couple minutes in the microwave and it's yummy.

The thing about it for me is that it is low in cholesterol ( zero! ), no fat, and no iron.  The iron needs to go because it screw up my meds.  That's for breakfast only, iron is definitely needed in the diet, it's a timing issue.


No comments: