Friday, October 17, 2014

The Dream and The Reality

That last post makes it look like I've got money.  Not so.

If I had money, I would not be working on the job I have now.  Let's say I came into some money.  If I did, I would leave this job immediately.  If the sum were large enough, I'd buy an RV and live in it.  Probably not on the land yet, but in the nearby town of Sierra Blanca.  Every day, I would be out there working on the land.  I'd raise my own food.  Obtain my own water.  Handle my own sanitation and trash.  I'd be a one-man city works.  Whatever I couldn't make, I'd buy, so I'd still need money.  Hopefully, not very much.

Almost all of that is a dream.  The only money I've got has to be watched over very carefully.  Even so, there's no guarantee that it is going to be enough.  Also, I'm counting on Social Security benefits when I reach 62.

Not hardly upper-middle-class, yet that's what the quiz said.

Yet it may look upper middle class.  Owning land and being self-sufficient is heady stuff.  But it may only be a dream.  I am going to do what I can to make that dream a reality, but it isn't there yet.  There's no guarantee that I will make it either.

Enough of the navel-gazing.  Back to the wage-slave job.


No comments: