Friday, December 21, 2018

What I will do going forward

The possibility of these data spikes becoming permanent has crossed my mind.  In response to that possibility, a change in approach is going to be needed.  Evidently, the old ways of controlling data spikes have not been working well enough.

Keeping in mind that I think there is too much commercialization out there, and in
keeping with that thought, it may be well to remember that to spend too much time
on the news may be the one thing that could be corrected.  Frankly, the news is crap
these days.  Even on so-called conservative sites, there is just too much crap.

What I mean by crap is the playing upon emotions.  Our society has gone so far downhill
that even so-called conservative sites are out there with emotional button pushing.

I know this, but the habits are strong.  I visit the news sites anyway, although I
have been posting less and less upon what I see there.

It seems that one way forward is to visit fewer sites for the news.  But how to stay
current on the news?  I sure don't trust the conventional means of news delivery any
more.  That has been true for a long, long time.  However, there may not be any other
alternative.  Besides, even the conservative sites are turning into crap.

Allow me to segue into a deeper thought here.  In my opinion, public opinion is being
controlled.  It is a lot like what is happening in China, but perhaps not as extreme.

The powers-that-be control everything that we see and hear.  This includes the news.

It is but a small leap to try to control not only this, but what you think and say
about it.  This gives the powers-that-be full control over the minds of the people.

How to stay independent of these people?  You have to disengage somehow, while at the same time, remain in the mix.  This is going to be hard to do.

If we are truly in a fight over the culture, which I do think is the case, we are going
to have to accept the idea that these people seek to control us, and it is inevitable
that they are going to do whatever it takes to keep control over the informational
sources.  Therefore, in order to keep independent of these people, you are going to
have to develop and maintain your own information networks.

As for me, I am no people person.  I do not have the talent for organization.  Hopefully,
somebody out there could put together something.  There may be alternatives already out there.

Those on the so-called conservative side do not appear to be very good at this.  Once
a thing becomes commercialized, it is prey to these people's machinations.  For example, they will boycott your program.  Take Tucker Carlson, for example.  He is now being boycotted for what he says.

If you are independent of them, then you won't need their money.  Their boycotts can't
work in that case.  Once you start taking their money, then you become dependent upon
them.  This is the means by which you can be controlled.

What about these data spikes, then?

A grandiose thought, but I cannot help but think that my opposition to these people
is going to put me at logger heads with them.  The obscurity of this blog is no
defense.  They will brook no dissent.  I will assume that these spikes are part of the
controlling process.  Yet, the powers-that-be don't have to be involved with me.  They have the rank and file so indoctrinated that they don't need marching orders.  The plebes
fall right into line, and do the will of the controllers without having the need to be
told to.  It is probably some hacker that doesn't like my politics nor viewpoints.

So, in any case, I need to change my approach to how I do this blog.  Even deeper
than this, I may need to consider a completely new way of doing things.  If we
want to succeed in defending our culture, we had better think of something fast,
because time is running out.  We are losing it right now.

Incidentally, I really don't know if Trump is making enough of a difference.  Shoot, it
shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he is just one of them, and all of
this is just another circus.  Perish the thought, at least for now.

Trump is hurting his own credibility.  But then again, he only has credibility as long
as people believe him.  If he goes back on what he claims to be for, which is this
wall, then that is undeniable evidence that he won't follow through.  It is part of the
same pattern.  Failure theater.  A big show that makes it look like you are really
trying, but those other guys are the blame.  Then comes the excuses.

There is no excuse for lying.  If he really doesn't intend to build the wall, then
he is lying.  If that happens with him, then he is done.  But maybe he knew that all
along, and knew that it would be just a matter of time when people stop believing in
him.

If he really wants to help, then he'd better be more careful about what he says going
forward.  You cannot say things and then flip around 180 degrees just a few days
later.

But if Trump fails, then what?  We may be fast approaching that point.  He has
suffered a "yuge" credibility issue, and it is largely his own fault.  There is no
one else to blame for this one.

If you say you will shut down the government, then you had better not be kidding.

Ted Cruz did that crap, and that's when he lost me.  If you are going to go that route,
then you had better do it and stick with it.

The last post before this one, I mentioned the data spikes.  Okay, this post is how
to deal with those spikes going forward.  Now that I have covered that, and then
some, I started discussing the political scene a bit.

Let me segue further into what I think is happening.  I think the yield curve is
definitely going to invert.  This will have political consequences if it results in
a recession.

An inverted yield curve does not have to cause a recession, but every recession has
been preceded by one.  Therefore, the risk of a recession has just gone way the hell
up.  I was going to discuss that a bit when I saw the latest data spike.

Here's the link.

There's going to be more rate hikes, and the yield curve is on the verge of inverting
already.  These new hikes may well invert the yield curve.  The recession could happen
just in time for the next election.  What better way than to refute Trump than to have a
serious recession just in time for the election?

Note:  Maybe it is google.  I had the last spike as I was composing this post.  The spike
occurred as I was proof reading the post, and correcting typos.  Most of this post was
written yesterday.   No way that this used over 200 megabytes.

I leave with that thought until the next post.

No comments: