Sunday, July 25, 2021

Statement



It may be time to make something of a personal statement with regard to this blog.

Since 2010, I've been blogging regularly. Something has been posted nearly every day since then until now. During all that time, the blog has not managed to grow very much. Sure, there are occasional spikes in traffic, but it stays pretty modest almost all the time.

Not to make this sound like a complaint. During all that time, I was hoping that somebody out there would amplify anything that they may have seen here. It was that kind of hope, along with the thought that what I was doing what was right and good; that kept me going.

It is enough for me. I don't need fame nor glory. In fact, I don't think it would wear well on me. So the lack of same does not dismay me. It may have at one time, but not now.

However, if it gets to the point when I think that nothing is being accomplished here, I may decide that it's usefulness has not been demonstrated, and it may be time to do something else.

Such is not the case now, but it could happen. Given the nature of things, it could happen sooner rather than later. Frankly, I am beginning to wonder if that time may be near.

We live in a very deceitful age. If there is nothing else that can change that, it won't matter what ANYONE says. The powers-that-be will tell you what you can say, and what you can think. Such a blog as this wouldn't matter even if it had a million hits a day. If it did have that many hits, it wouldn't exist for long, because I wouldn't.

I wouldn't quit because of threats. Figure out the rest.

The currents of deceit may turn out to be too strong to fight. It may well drown us all.



No comments: