Thursday, May 16, 2019

Candor v Truth

Updated,

5.16.19:

A brief review of this category, History of the blog, has uncovered this post.   It is worthy of re-posting, so here it is.

I chose to post it again because today could be a "big picture" kind of day.   A day for putting things into perspective.

Also, a review of the blog enables me to remember to "not re-invent the wheel".   The intention for the category is to be able to recall things that I may otherwise forget.

It is a huge blog now with over 11k posts.  It has to be organized somehow.  Here is one way that I accomplished this, and it pleases me to see that it worked as intended.


1.7.18:

There's a policy on this blog.  Or perhaps a theme, which is often referred to as "truth".  Truth is put into scare quotes because not everyone agrees on what it is.

Hence, people actually believe a thing to be "true", even though that may be wrong.  For example, most people at one time, believed that the Earth was flat.  When that was discovered to be not the case, the recognized "truth" had to be revised.  The actual truth never changed, just the perceptions of what is true versus what isn't.

Therefore, someone "candid" at that time, could express their belief that the Earth was flat.  But according to what is the truth, once discovered as such, rendered that belief to be a false one.  This does not make a person a liar to be wrong with the respect to truth.  It was an honest mistake.

The same could be said to be true with respect to so-called AGW.  My "candid" opinion is that it is false.  It is more than that, it is an outright fraud.  Yet, there are people who sincerely believe in it.  These people are not liars, they are merely wrong.  Now, if science hadn't been corrupted by politics, then science could answer the question that would satisfy most people.  At this day and age, science is not reliable.  In particular, government funded and government subsidized "science".  In my "candid" opinion, the fraud is being perpetrated by politicians.  The people are being seduced into believing in it.  Therefore, the people are victims of lying politicians and corrupted "scientists".

Words mean things, said Rush Limbaugh.  Yes, I agree.  That is why I am a stickler on word meanings.  Calling people liars is pretty serious stuff.  Yet, my feeling is strong on the matter in many cases, because the truth is known, but is being suppressed.  The suppression of truth is LYING, folks.  It happens with great frequency on the media.  These people are not about truth in any way, shape, or form.  They are primarily engaged in the pursuit of money first and foremost.  If truth gets in the way of money, guess which one gets ditched?

In my opinion, the people who spin the fables about AGW are about money, power, and control.  It is definitely not about "saving the planet".

Therefore, I'd like to make the distinction between candor and truth.  What is delivered here is candor, which may or may not be totally in agreement with truth.  If it isn't truthful, it is not because of any dishonesty on my part.  I am trying to say what I think.  There is no attempt to deceive.

Hopefully, this little discussion makes sense.  I often write that the truth is a slippery thing.  That is because you may think you have it, but you don't really.  For anybody can be wrong, even one who tries to be right about things.  One thing you can count on here, there will never be an attempt to hide the truth, provided that I am full possession of it.

I hope that is clear.


No comments: