Thursday, December 3, 2015

One way to add content

Is to write about my job.  I write very little about it, because I never really did think that highly of my work.  It has always been just a job to me.

So, what about this job of mine?  I can write a little about yesterday's last delivery.  It was a round trip for just South of Downtown to Reliant Park to the Texan's office, and then back with a return.  Getting there wasn't that big of a deal, but getting back was.  It was rush hour, and that stretch of freeway was blocked up pretty good last evening.

So, I decided to stick with the back streets instead of the freeway.  Don't know if that saved time, but I managed to keep moving towards the destination.  It took about 25 minutes at about 4:30 pm.  Bad or Good?  Really don't know.  But I've taken a LONG time getting through that area during rush hour.  It's probably one of the worst spots to be at that hour.

Earlier in the day, I stopped by an RV place.  They had some RVs on consignment, and I asked about them.  The impression that I get sometimes is that people have really unrealistic expectations of what they can get for their RVs.  I didn't bother spending much time there once I heard the asking prices.

Earlier in the day, I went to Dallas.  That takes most of the day right there getting back and forth is more than eight hours.  I don't do this very often, so it was a bit unusual.  One thing I remember is seing that new stadium they got there.  I didn't see it up close, but about 10 miles away.

Sound very interesting?  It may to some folks.  Those who seem envious of my job are those who are stuck inside on beautiful weather days.  But you don't hear from them when it rains.


No comments: