Friday, December 4, 2015

Obligatory, 12.4.15; Just chugging along

Got through another week, almost.  It's Friday.  Really, I thought I might not be able to put in a full week's work anymore at this.  I have to buckle down to stay in good enough shape, it seems.

As far as the burnout is concerned, perhaps I've said all that I can say.  After that, it becomes repetitious.  If there's no response to it, well, what's the point?  Maybe that's the feeling.  Don't know what it is, but just seems like a drag now.  Nevertheless, I will continue.  If there's anything new, in truth, it will come from the project out West.

Yes, I still think about that.  I haven't written any posts on that project in about a month.  The thing I've been thinking about lately is that shack.  Did it hold up for going on nearly 8 months now?  Even if it fell apart, I can rebuild it.  Next time would be better because I have learned something.   I could have continued out there if I wished back then, but felt as if I should come home.  There was more to do in order to make it a more sturdy structure that could hold up.  Also, to make it livable.  Yep, I think I could make it livable.

One thing about that place out there:  you can't get reliable weather info.  Just checked the weather sites I keep track of and they have gone silent.  What's up out there anyway?  Not enough staff?

It might be tough living out of the van all of the time.  But if I were to get a trailer, I would have to pull it around with me or let it stay on the property.  Neither of those propositions do I like.

Once I get my greenhouses going, I'd have a food source and a water source in place.  It would be possible to start limiting my excursions off the property at that time, but I'm thinking it will be necessary to leave the place from time to time.  It would be best not to leave a lot of stuff out there.  I hear that they will steal the paint off the walls out there.

The planning is mostly complete.  But I don't know how the plan will stack up against reality.  Time will tell.


No comments: