Saturday, December 5, 2015

The 5x8 trailer--- bolts with holes

Number One didn't like it.  He says that it is "rickety", which means that it could fall apart.  It would need to be welded in many spots in order to make it strong enough for heavy duty use.

Nevertheless, I still own it.  So, what do I do with it?  Learn how to weld and do it myself?  Impose upon Number One and ask him to do it for me?  Or could I come up with a solution that would work that wouldn't require a whole lot ( if any ) welding?

The solution could be something like this:  Use bolts with holes that would allow the use of a cotter pin that would prevent the bolt from coming unscrewed, and thus falling apart.

Still haven't taken the trailer out of its boxes yet, so I don't know what hardware it uses and what may be replaceable, if anything.

It's possible that this is repetitive.  I know this isn't a new idea that I've had.  But the link above is new.

In order to save this material to be easily found later, it will be added to the construction subseries of the off-the-grid main series of posts.

Prev   Next


No comments: