Friday, January 9, 2015

Some fancy ideas for RV conversion

Prev   Next

This will go into off-the-grid construction subseries.

Let's keep this product in mind for RV conversion of van.

I want to put the insulated box in the van and be able to sleep in it.  In earlier posts, I referred to this as the "coffin".  I want the coffin to be portable and on wheels so it can slide in and out of the van so that the van can still be used for cargo runs.

What I'm thinking could be too complex.  I want to put a sliding desk that will fit over the top of the recliner while I'm in it.  It will have to slide out of the way in order for me to get out.  This may not be possible.

Not really sure how I'm going to get into and out of this recliner each morning.  It's going to be a rather tight fit.

Anyway, the goal is to be able to relax in the recliner and to do work with the computer too.  For that, I need a desk type flat surface.  Perhaps I should stick with a laptop.  This will aid in keeping things small and manageable.


Some construction details...

Looks like you attach product above to a frame, so I'll have to build a frame, and then attach these to that frame.  Could wrap around the interior 360 degrees with this stuff because it is strong.  In other words, it may be usable as flooring.  ( come to think of it, not sure about that. )

If not possible, perhaps I could use sub flooring materials I saw earlier in this research.


No comments: