Thursday, October 2, 2014

About the light posting

Sure, there hasn't been a lot of posts recently.  So, what's the excuse?  I got to thinking about this yesterday while I was working.

Since I've purchased the land, I think my attitude has changed.  Frankly, I'd like to go out there right now, but I can't.  I've got to stay here until I am ready.  Being ready means preparation.  Preparation means time.

But time is no excuse.  I've managed to find time to keep writing posts.

There are other explanations, so I'll try to fetch them out.  Okay, a lot of what I think about gets lost during the day.  So, I came up with an idea to do "thoughts on the road" type of posts.  Sometimes, it gets too busy even to do those.  I managed to get one in yesterday.  If I didn't delay getting to a job, I wouldn't have finished even that one.

Now, in combination with the change in attitude, I haven't been making the effort to get in more posts.  I think that explains a little.

A little more is explained by the attitude when I am not working.  I'll look at stuff and then not report it.  I am more interested in reading the stuff than in writing about it.  But you have to write about this stuff or you don't have content.  The attitude change means that I don't care enough to do it, so I don't.

So, I have to change my attitude back into one in which I will be more productive.  Hence, I hope to increase the amount of posts in the future.  The blog will continue.

So far, this is the only post I've done this morning.  Yikes.

Okay, one more thing that I haven't written about:

I was thinking of the location of where I will put my carport.  So, I spent a lot of time looking at the Google maps and then I realized that I didn't do enough of this while I was on the property.  It's a matter of being prepared for doing something like that, but I don't think I was prepared.  What I did prepare myself for, I didn't do, either.

Basically, I was too satisfied with what I did while I was out there.  I needed to do a lot more.  I need to find a way to be more productive out there and that seems to jibe with my lack of productivity on this blog.

I've got to do better.


No comments: