Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What separates this blog from the others

It bears repeating over and over again.  Maybe the message will get through.  Maybe it never will.  Here's another attempt.

This blog is about solutions.  It is not about getting advantages.

One thing I noticed while driving yesterday.  How many people jumped directly in front of me and in one instance, contributing to a situation that could have resulted in an accident.  Why?  People are driving the same way they think.  The object is not to get somewhere, but to get an advantage over someone else.  We are all reduced to rats in the rat race.  Getting somewhere faster means more than getting somewhere safer, or so it seemed to me.  They were seeking the advantage of speed over safety.

It's a metaphor for our times.  Politicians seek advantages, not solutions to our problems.  People seek to be entertained, not informed.  The advantage to themselves of being entertained makes them less capable of solving our common problems.  If more people would only inform themselves instead of constantly seeking to be entertained.  This blog does not entertain.  It isn't going to be converted into that.

You are going to have to change the way you look at things.  Einstein said that the mind that caused the problem cannot be the mind that solves it.  Better to change you mind rather than have it be changed for you.

I'm writing this because my audience numbers are down.  Just to let everyone know that cares to know that this changes nothing.  I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to change the blog.  Popularity can take a hike as far as I'm concerned.  If I lose audience, so be it.  I'd rather be right than be popular.  But popularity does have its advantages.


No comments: