Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Laws of Money

Once upon a time, when I was still a youngster, I wanted to be rich.  I found a book about money, and decided to read it.

Obviously, the book didn't make me rich.  But there was something in it that has remained with me all these years.  The book said that if you do the right kinds of things, the money will take care of itself.

Maybe you cannot get rich off that advice, but it is worth remembering. 

Doing the right thing avoids a lot of bad things, and one of those bad things might well be money problems.

Another side of that is to worship money as a end, as opposed to a means to an end.  Money is the means to good ends, but it can also be a means to bad ends.  If you worship money in its own right, then that is a bad end in itself.

So, maybe you don't get rich off that thought.  But who cares?  Money is not going to be an end to itself for me.  Maybe I thought I wanted to be rich, and the truth of the matter is, that I didn't really.


No comments: