Sunday, March 8, 2015

Coffin details

Prev  Next

This one goes in the construction subseries, off-the-grid posts.

Groan.  Make or buy, which do you choose?  If I make everything, that's harder.  Buying the RV is the easy way out.

It's a bit hard for me to visualize how to put this "coffin" together.  If I am not careful, I'll end up with something that's no usable.  I'm at the point with the design now that I can figure a build method, but I am getting stuck on how to handle the door and the ventilation.

Materials used include insulated wall prefabbed.


There are two options for sliding door hardware, and the first one won't work here.
Update:

After studying the glass sliding door at my balcony, I figure that I can probably make one myself.

As far as the climate control is concerned, perhaps I will drill two holes, one will be an exhaust fan, the other a passive intake.  Air going out will cause air to be sucked in.  The air that is sucked in will be directed through a heat exchanger.


No comments: