Thursday, March 12, 2015

Rise and shine, 3/12/15

Been awhile since I did one of these types of posts.  Stuff happens, what can I say?

Yesterday, I had a conversation with somebody as I was waiting at a place to do a delivery.  I didn't know the person I was talking to, so that was a bit unusual for me.  Anyway, the person was about my age and was talking about retirement stuff.

It seems to be always about money, doesn't it?  That was the nature of the conversation.  It was really about money.  It so happens that that is what I'm thinking of just now.  Money, money, money.  You just can't get away from it.

At the risk of repeating myself, I'd really like to buy the RV.  I'd really like to outfit it the way I want to.  I'd really like to do all this other stuff I've been writing about.  But what about the money?  All of this stuff takes money.

It's almost like being a kid again.  When I was a kid, there wasn't any money.  Money is something I didn't worry about much when I became an adult.  As long as you worked, there was enough.  When you stop working, that's when the money gets tight.

If retirement means not working anymore, it also means not having money anymore.  That's unless you've got a lot of it, which I don't.

This could be a problem.


No comments: