Sunday, January 18, 2015

What is the difference between a pure sine wave Ac inverter and a Modified sine wave inverter.

The difference is in price and in performance.  Modified is cheaper, but is dirtier electricity.  Your electronics won't like you for this.  I didn't know all this until I started my research.  Sometimes cheaper ain't cheaper.

Update:

This isn't easy.  There's a lot to think about here.  Well, one thing is clear.  The little Honda generator will not run a freezer.  Also, it's going to take a massively sized inverter to do the job and those are hard to find.  Those that can be found are modified sine wave types and these may not be ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

Update:

I found a couple inverters that might work.  Unfortunately, they aren't cheap.  Nevertheless, it could be sufficient for my needs.  It will be probably seem like overkill to some folks if I were to show it to them.  However, even with the size of this thing, it isn't guaranteed that it will power that freezer.  Surge wattage is really high with this type of device.  Your inverter has to be able to handle it.







No comments: